What Causes Uneven Hairline? Can It Be Fixed?
Do you struggle with an uneven hairline? Hairline irregularities can develop for a wide variety of reasons, and for many people, they can seriously affect confidence. While receding hairlines are more common in men than women, the problem can affect both sexes because most people’s hairlines begin to recede slightly from their teen years onward.
Curious how an uneven hairline can develop and what you can do to address the problem successfully? The experts at Medical Tattoo Centers of America share the details below.
Common Causes Behind Uneven Hairline
Every uneven hairline develops for a different reason and for some people, hairline irregularities are due to multiple causes. Some of the most prevalent culprits behind the development of uneven hairline include:
● Male pattern baldness. Also known as androgenic alopecia, male pattern baldness typically features a receding hairline, most often appearing as an M-shaped pattern. Individuals with male pattern baldness may also experience thinning hair around the crown of their head. Experts believe this form of hair loss is caused primarily by genetics, as well as fluctuating levels of dihydrotestosterone, a male hormone.
● Genetics. Thinning hair that results in a receding hairline is often the result of genetics. If a person has relatives who suffer from thinning hair, they may inherit those genes.
● Failing hair transplants. Improperly applied hair transplants can result in thinning hair and a receding hairline. Hair transplants can fail to properly replicate an individual’s natural hair-growth pattern, thereby failing to shape the appearance of the hairline. Transplants sometimes fail and fall out as well, which can give the appearance of thinning hair.
● Traction alopecia. Pulling the hair into ponytails, buns, or other updos can result in gradual hair loss that causes the hairline to recede. Traction alopecia can happen to both men and women.
Are There Any Hair Loss Treatments That Can Fix a Receding Hairline?
When it comes to fixing a receding hairline, most people have a few options at their disposal. However, not all hair loss treatments are created equal and therefore, do not elicit the same results. If you suffer from a receding hairline or any other form of hair loss and would like the improve the appearance of your hair, the following treatments can help:
● Scalp micropigmentation. Also referred to as a hair tattoo, scalp micropigmentation is a form of medical tattooing designed to give the appearance of fuller, thicker hair. While scalp micropigmentation does not give the appearance of full strands of hair, it does create the illusion of healthy, thriving hair follicles in areas where hair has thinned significantly. Results from the treatment are highly realistic; most people cannot tell the difference between a hair tattoo and real hair follicles.
● Tricopigmentation. This form of medical micropigmentation is a temporary solution for reducing the appearance of hair loss and addressing uneven hairline. People who are curious about scalp micropigmentation but are not ready to commit to a permanent tattoo should consider tricopigmentation treatment first.
● Hair transplants. Hair transplantation involves grafting healthy hair from the sides and back of the head and transplanting it into areas of the scalp where the hair is thinning. While hair transplants can certainly even out a receding or uneven hairline, they may cause several unwanted side effects, including infection, itching, and swelling of the scalp. It’s important to note that transplants are not always successful — they may fail to replicate the individual’s natural hair-growth pattern or fall out altogether.
● PRP hair restoration. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) hair restoration harnesses the power of blood platelets to regenerate thinning hair. When PRP is injected directly into the scalp, it stimulates dormant hair follicles to begin producing new, healthy hair. This hair loss solution requires three to four months to see results. Typically, it also requires multiple treatments over the course of several months to achieve a satisfactory effect.
Looking for Hair Loss Treatments in the Twin Cities?
If you’re struggling with an uneven or receding hairline and would like to create the appearance of fuller, thicker, more even hair, our team at Medical Tattoo Centers of America can help. We deeply understand how hair loss can negatively impact your confidence. It’s our goal to help you look and feel your best with medical tattooing designed specifically for your unique needs. To learn more about how we can help you or request a free consultation, give us a call today at 612-770-0000 or send us a message.